Remote connection to Raspbian for Robots?

No follow feature, but if you click on Carl’s picture, a pop-up will appear - if you click on Carl’s picture in the popup, my profile appears with an “Activity” tab that lists every post, reply I have ever made … boring!

I think I’m overly obsessed

1 Like

Boring to YOU, maybe. . . I find your postings fascinating!

I learn more from you in ten minutes than three days spent perusing the “official” documentation! Carl is, (apparently), a kind and benevolent master and he has taught me a lot.

2 Likes

BTW, looking at your profile, it mentions that you live in West Palm Beach, Fl.

Hot Damn! I’m going to be bringing the granddaughters over to see Disney World, (Epcot, Universal Studios, etc. etc. etc.) and (if you don’t mind), maybe I could meet Carl in person?

I’ve spent a fair amount of time in Fl, in the past, (used to have a timeshare in Daytona on the beach), and I’ve probably driven past you at least a dozen times. . . .

Sure, the wife has been pestering me to get off the computer and visit the Orlando wetlands for some birding, my other obsession.

1 Like

(Laughing!)
That sounds soooo familiar!

Birding? Only if I can bring my camera. Not really National Geographic material, but I get lucky occasionally.

Hey! I’m not that stupid!

I’ve been messing with this stuff for awhile at least. And I can start/stop services without completely nuking my system :wink:

Unix joke:
In a previous job, just after 9/11, a programmer put “rm -r /bin/laden” on his whiteboard. I saw it and told him he goofed. I changed it to “rm -R /bin/laden” and he almost peed himself laughing!

On the systems we were using, the difference between -r and -R was that “-r” stood for “recursive” whereas “-R” meant “recursive, follow all links, including symlinks, (recursively!) even if the target of the link is on a different file system”!

1 Like

I’m not too sure what your exact situation is right now.

By default, Raspbian for Robots has tightvncserver enabled, SSH is open, and noVNC is running.
If you attempted to install realVNC it might have broken quite a few things.

As an aside, R4R Buster now runs on realVNC.

1 Like

Also, I used to winter in Treasure Island, near St Pete Beach. :slight_smile:

2 Likes