Robot_web_server.py Will Not Execute

Hi!

I am running the GoPiGo 1 on the Raspberry Pi 3 model B with the latest version of Raspbian for Robots from SourceForge (just came out a few of days ago). Everything seems to be working great, except I am unable to use the Pi Camera Module with the GoPiGo. I’ve been following the instructions provided here:

https://www.dexterindustries.com/GoPiGo/projects/python-examples-for-the-raspberry-pi/raspberry-pi-browser-streaming-robot/

I have nearly made it through all of the steps. However, when I get to the step where I execute the robot_web_server.py file, I receive an error. Here is my input:

pi@dex:~/Desktop/GoPiGo/Software/Python/Examples/Browser_Streaming_Robot $ sudo robot_web_server.py

And here is the output:

sockjs.tornado will use simplejson module
/home/pi/Desktop/GoPiGo/Software/Python/Examples/Browser_Streaming_Robot/www
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./robot_web_server.py", line 229, in < module >
    ConnectionHandler, '/robot_control' )
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/
sockjs_tornado-1.0.1-py2.7.egg/sockjs/tornado/router.py", 
line 109, in __init__self.io_loop)
TypeError: __ init __() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

I have searched online and was not able to find a solution, so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi @lynne,

Unfortunately, we no longer support these projects on the GoPiGo2, so please don’t expect any major fixes coming to them.

On a different note, I bet the recent versions of tornado no longer implement a 3rd argument in the class’ constructor. So, probably, one good idea would be to test the project using different older versions of tornado and stop when it starts working. Here’s a ticket I found:

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for responding to my inquiry. I can certainly understand that the GoPiGo1 is no longer supported, just hoping I can find a work around haha. I’ll try out your suggestion. Thanks again!