Scratch blocks and motor control

Hello,
I have just received my Gopigo. It had some problems to boot first, but after downloading new software image to the SD card it started.

Now I have some questions regarding Scratch blocks and motor control.

1. Where can I find a list with all available Scratch blocks to control the Gopigo?
  2. The motors run very fast at start (Broadcast FORWARD). Is there any Scratch block which sets the speed before starting the motors?
  3. Is there a Scratch block which turn the motor/wheels an angle, e.g. 90 degrees? If not, how can it be done?

Thanks,
Ola

Hi Ola,

this link http://www.dexterindustries.com/GoPiGo/programming/scratch-programming-with-the-raspberry-pi/ will answer most of your questions. The communication between the GoPiGo and Scratch is done through Broadcast commands, and not actual blocks (well, Broadcast is a block, I guess I mean specialized, dedicated GoPiGo blocks)

And here’s a summary of all currently supported commands:

1. You can use the DECREASE SPEED broadcast message at the start of your Scratch sequence, if you find the motors are too fast.

2. To turn 90 degrees, you can send a BROADCAST message of RIGHT90 or LEFT90
    Note that you may not get exact 90 degrees, depending on the slippage of your floor. My own particular floor seems to require a value of 100 for some reason.

Please don’t hesitate to ask more questions.