Servo always moves on boot

Hi, I have a servo connected to the front 3 pins on the GoPiGo. Whenever I boot up the board, the servo moves a little. I’m able to use it normally once everything is booted and put it back in position, but it becomes a problem after a few boots if I don’t manually reset the position. Is this normal behavior or is there a way this can be prevented. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey rickyn,
This is normal behavior; I think though it might be something we can improve on the firmware for the future.
John

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks for the response.

1 Like

I know this is a super old topic but it is still super annoying 8 years later. Any thoughts during that time period on how to not have the servo move every time the robot boots up?

2 Likes

This appears to be one of those setup glitches that happen.

I solve, (band-aid), this by resetting all servos to a “neutral” position at boot time.

IMHO a real fix would require, (at the very least), a firmware rewrite and more likely a PCB redesign with a different microcontroller and glue-logic.

The chances of a firmware rewrite are somewhere between “nada” and “. . .ahre you from-a MAAZ!??” (“are you from Mars?” spoken with a strong Brooklyn accent)

The chances of a PCB redesign are even less likely.

As annoying as it may be, IMHO, we’re stuck with it.

2 Likes