[SOLVED] Can't run scripts with GrovePi

grovepi

I have installed software for GrovePi and have tried bundled programs for various Grove sensors, but all come back with errors when I try to run them (Python programs) I ran the troubleshooting program and have attached the log file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.log.txt (6.6 KB)

Hi @jlafavre,

Could you burn the firmware onto the GrovePi?

The script you have to run in order to update your GrovePi is:

Please let me know if this was your issue.

Cheers!

Thanks for your help. Initially I did not burn firmware to the GrovePi. I was following instructions from here: www.dexterindustries.com/GrovePi/get-started-with-the-grovepi/setting-software/ and those instructions did not include steps to burn the firmware that I noticed. In any case, I copied the firmware_update.sh script to a directory I made on the pi (/home/pi/LaFavre_Grove/GrovePi) and made it executable but could not get it to run. Then I discovered there already was the same file located here: /home/pi/Desktop/GrovePi/Firmware/firmware_update.sh
I ran that copy of the script and it appeared to install the firmware. Now I can get my Grove sensors to work with the GrovePi. Thanks very much for your help

Hi @jlafavre,

I’m glad to hear it worked for you.
I’m going to close the thread if there isn’t anything else.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed after 18 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.