[SOLVED] Faulty GoPiGo board?

I bought a GoPiGo recently and was really disappointed when, having completed the build, the robot wouldn’t power up.

If the pi itself is plugged in to the micro-usb power supply, it boots up and I successfully connected to it as per the instructions.

When the battery pack is connected to the GoPiGo board and the power button is pressed, the LED on the red board does not light up at all. The lights on the pi itself flash as they do when the pi is booting up, but releasing the button stops the process.

I have tried this with brand new batteries as well as a set I confirmed were fully charged with my battery charger.

Following other forum posts, I also reinstalled the OS, with no change. Is there anything else I can try?

thanks

Kat

I’m really sorry it didn’t work on the first boot up.
Can you tell us which version of DexterOS you are using?
Some boards have issues on their first boot, which have been fixed in version 2.2.2 (and future versions too)

You can get DexterOS 2.2.2 from here:
https://www.dexterindustries.com/dexteros/update-dexteros/

May I ask whether you got the GoPiGo directly from us, or through a reseller?

Cleo

Hi,

I updated to 2.2.2 when I was troubleshooting and still no luck. I purchased the GoPiGo from modmypi.com

thanks

Kat

Can you boot it up with a micro USB cable the 2.2.2 image and then reboot on the battery pack and see if that works?

Thank you!

Hi,

that fixed it - thanks for your help

Kat

1 Like

Glad to know it now works!
Cleo