[SOLVED] GoPiGo Not Moving!

Hey i have a gopigo 3 advanced and have done exactly like sentdex video on how to program it https://youtu.be/4syKe0PP-4Y?list=PLQVvvaa0QuDcG4wbhhCv_XTnexvWfjlBy . and when im running the code it works perfecly exept gopigo is not moving! Its fully charged and batteries are in. I have also downloaded/updated everything + i got it 24th so it cant be that i missed update something…

Hello @Bjorne

You’ve done everything right. That video, however, uses our previous model, the GoPiGo2. Since the two robots have a fundamentally different hardware, the libraries are unfortunately not compatible.

Instead of import gopigo you would need import gopigo3. Our GoPiGo3 library is also object oriented so calls are slightly different.

The GoPiGo3 library is documented here.

Cleo

Ok thanks for the help. Hopefully it will work now

I have no idea whats going on. Now theres wrong on the code and it says forward(),left() and so on is not defined when my code looks like this

if key_press == “d”:
right()

and yes i have defined key_press just like sentdex did and changed it to import gopigo 3… I have also dont this. sudo sh -c “curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_gopigo3 | bash” Please help im beginner at this so sorry if this is dumb question.

Also tested with import easygopigo3 and done robot.forward with robot = EasyGoPiGo3()

Hello @Bjorne,

here’s a sample code of how a GoPiGo3 python program looks:

import easygopigo3
import time
gpg = easygopigo3.EasyGoPiGo3()
gpg.forward()  # this will go forward until told otherwise
time.sleep(2)   # wait for 2 seconds
gpg.stop()        # now you stop

You can also take a look at this example code.

Thank you so much! Its working really good now and cant wait to do more whit it!
sorry for not reply earlier but i have been bussy with some other stuff. Have a happy new year and keep up with the fantastic quick and good response!

1 Like

Great to know, and thank you @Bjorne for coming back and letting us know.

Have fun with your GoPiGo and Happy New Year to you!

Cleo

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.