Suggestions for updates to GoPiGo O/S 3.0.1

I have submitted this, along with my other proposed changes, to Nicole at MR for review and, (if they like them), inclusion in the next release.

There appear to be a few places where Nicole forces output to the headphone jack with that parameter, and I have suggested that they find/grep for every instance of that line and remove it.

There are a number of clean-up tasks they can do, (for example, removing obsolete features that never made it to prime-time and cleaning up the apt cache and logs), that will reduce the unzipped image by almost a gig.

I have asked them to send me a copy of the new release so I can beat on it and verify that all the fixes are in.

At this point, Iā€™ve done just about everything I can do with this beastie until they send me a new one, so I am going to telescope all the way back in to my ā€œNew Remote Camera Robotā€ project.

2 Likes

Indeed weā€™re forcing it to the audiojack because if someone uses a Pi that was previously connected to a screen, the HDMI setting seems to get stuck. This doesnā€™t happen all the time but we did get more than a couple of cases.
And thatā€™s why the audio jack is getting forced.

3 Likes

That raises the issue again of why forcing headphone output causes the audio to go all pear-shaped.

Iā€™m going to skip that for awhile.

1 Like