As you all know, I have taken it upon myself to work on the current GoPiGo O/S release with the view of making it work after an update:
As a result of this, I have learned a LOT about what makes the GoPiGo O/S “tick” from the point-of-view of being a GoPiGo operating system.
Going with the idea that @cyclicalobsessive and I have mentioned before that, (IMHO), instead of chasing Bullseye to create a new operating system, Modular Robotics should concentrate on fixing what they have. . .
. . . And - I received a recent “support” e-mail from Mitch telling me that, among other things, Cleoqc, (Nicole), has been moved to a different project but will be getting back to the GoPiGo O/S (hopefully soon!), and will work with all the suggestions we’ve made up to this point.
What I want to do at this point is:
- Accumulate, all in one place, the various suggestions on how to improve the existing GoPiGo O/S 3.0.1.
- Examine each suggestion and see what I can do about implementing them.
- Since I am absolutely sure that this will disclose yet other issues, they would go on the list for resolution.
- Continue what I am doing with the current rev GoPiGo O/S.
At the present time, I would appreciate any and all suggestions, (including prior suggestions mentioned in other threads), be re-posted here. Later on, I will ask for volunteers to test the revisions I create.
What I have currently implemented:
- Repackage the current GoPiGo release as an intact - non-truncated - image with filesystem irregularities eliminated.
- Completely disable IPv6 in this image.
- (Possibly) Make the GoPiGo 3.0.1 release work after a soup-to-nuts update.
The corrected “V3” image can be found here:
Any help and suggestions are - as always - gratefully appreciated.