Support for Mindstorms EV3 stuff

mattallen37 wrote:

FYI, even though the EV3 touch sensor is analog, it uses pin 6 (instead of pin 1).
Does this mean that using the EV3 touch sensor with BrickPi only requires rewiring? In that case a simple adapter might work.

With regard to the other sensors I wonder if it would be possible to connect the RPi to an Arduino Mega 2560 board using USB. I’m not very experienced with electronics, but what I read from that board’s specs it has 4 HW UARTS (one used for the USB connection), so 3 free for sensors. As zencuke pointed out now that Lego has released the EV3 source code, with details of the serial protocol in the d_uart_mod.c file, it might be possible to write firmware for the Mega 2560 to handle the EV3 sensors. If this is possible it could be a nice extension of the BrickPi project. What do you think?

Using the EV3 touch sensor with the BrickPi would require more than just wiring. I’m pretty sure you’d need to add a pulldown resistor.

I have done some research on something similar to what you suggest. At this point that research/development is sort of on the back burner while I work on some other projects.