The GiggleBot Rides Again!

. . . . which, so far, isn’t working.  Obviously, there is more to this than meets the eye.

This is something that cheap barbecue skewers, a couple of push-buttons, a 5k resistor, and a Grove connector won’t fix as there ain’t no way to emulate MakeCode blocks in hardware!  ('eh, @cyclicalobsessive?   :wink:)

Unfortunately, that example is for the very simplest of code - she doesn’t show how to do functions calling functions, etc.

I am doing some additional research on the MakeCode dev pages themselves.

Still plugging away at it. . .  :thinking:  :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s cool - nice contribution to the GiggleBot community.

Good luck

/K

1 Like

Update:

I have decided to call the second GoPiGo “Charlene” and the GiggleBot “Cindy”.

I haven’t done much with the GiggleBot, (I’m rebuilding part of a deck), but I have been experimenting with the MakeCode editor and creating custom blocks - which I have had zero success with so far.

So far, Charlie is hiding in his box, depressed and wondering where I went.  Charlene hasn’t been assembled yet, (and doesn’t yet have a Raspberry Pi assigned, though it might end up being a “3”.)  And Cindy is waiting next to the microwave, waiting for me to make her a piece of lasagna - or continue experimenting with her.

2 Likes

Are you sure Cindy wants to be a piece of lasagna?

Isn’t English wonderful?

2 Likes

You REALLY are aching for a smack, aren’t you?

Wise guy! :wink:

She gets really excited when we cook a lasagna and she wants a piece.  Since she’s such a messy eater, (driving around in a pan full of lasagna is a messy proposition at best), we have to keep her away from it.
:wink:

2 Likes