Trouble installing grovepi

grovepi

My Pi hung up @ 98% reading packets on curl | bash install;

reboot and git clone install yields this :

./install.sh: line 11: /home/pi/Dexter/lib/Dexter/script_tools/functions_library.sh: No such file or directory
Special thanks to Joe Sanford at Tufts University. This script was derived from his work. Thank you Joe!
./install.sh: line 38: feedback: command not found
I2C-dev already present
i2c-bcm2708 already present
spi-dev already present
./install.sh: line 58: feedback: command not found
i2c1 already present
i2c_arm already present
adduser: The group `i2c’ already exists.
./install.sh: line 76: feedback: command not found
./install.sh: line 77: /home/pi/Dexter/lib/Dexter/script_tools/install_avrdude.sh: No such file or directory
./install.sh: line 78: create_avrdude_folder: command not found
./install.sh: line 79: install_avrdude: command not found
done with AVRDUDE for the GrovePi

Rasbian 9.8 (Stretch)

Maybe you were doing that while we were updating things around. Just to be clear, this is the install command:

curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_grovepi | bash

Now, can you retry that again and let us know how it went?

Your Pi could have had a corrupt SD card or maybe it lost access to the internet.

Also, make sure you start with a clean state.

Thank you!

Thank you for getting back to me Robert, This is what I got.
Scratch, Test & Troubleshooting, and Advanced Communications appear on the desktop now but are inoperable. My root directory is still pi@raspberrypi (my understanding is that after successful install root will be grovepi?) I have tried install with and without the grove attached, both end with the following fatal error- Thanks again

Package libffi was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libffi.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘libffi’ found
c/_cffi_backend.c:15:17: fatal error: ffi.h: No such file or directory
#include <ffi.h>
^
compilation terminated.
error: Setup script exited with error: command ‘arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc’ failed with exit status 1

sorry- this is the process that was running when package not found-

Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/29/3d/a50bd997979c7554c9c571753d34e976eb88ebf41d3a66accb2468bd3c69/smbus-cffi-0.5.1.tar.gz#sha256=fb4195aaabfc01586863f60d3190b5cb1bf8f12622fd597e23e48768dad6bde8
Best match: smbus-cffi 0.5.1
Processing smbus-cffi-0.5.1.tar.gz
Writing /tmp/easy_install-mRadSL/smbus-cffi-0.5.1/setup.cfg
Running smbus-cffi-0.5.1/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-mRadSL/smbus-cffi-0.5.1/egg-dist-tmp-fhqWo1

So it’s all good now?

My root directory is still pi@raspberrypi (my understanding is that after successful install root will be grovepi?)

Your root directory will still be /home/pi and your user will stay the same. Nothing changes from this perspective.

Anyhow, if it still doesn’t work for you, can you try installing smbus-cffi separately? With the following commands:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libi2c-dev i2c-tools python-dev libffi-dev
sudo pip install cffi && sudo pip3 install cffi

Thank you!