I need help. I bought a PivotPi base kit a few weeks ago and I have been unable to control a servo or the LEDs on the PivotPi board with either Scratch or Python. Here is where I am at:
- I attached the PivotPi board to a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. On the PivotPi board, the blue power light and the eight yellow LED lights all come on and never go out, while the Raspberry Pi is powered.
- I tried attaching a small servo to various ports on the PivotPi board.
- When I attach the battery pack to the PivotPi board, the green battery light goes on and the servo makes a “click” sound.
- The two dipswitches on the PivotPi board are at 0.
- I followed the instructions about how to “Get the PivotPi Code on Your Own Card” at https://www.dexterindustries.com/pivotpi-tutorials-documentation/pivotpi-program-the-servo-controller-for-the-raspberry-pi/.
- Used the Scratch example program to pivot the cats head 180 degrees and turn its eyes yellow and red, but the servo did not budge.
- Used python. At the python command line, I entered “import pivotpi” and then “my_pivot = pivotpi.PivotPi()” and then received the error message “IOError: PivotPi not connected” from line 44 of pivotpi.py.
I don’t know where to go from here. I have a feeling that either my PivotPi board is fried or the instructions on the Dexter Industries web site is missing some critical step for my model of the Raspberry Pi. Please help.