Unable to update firmware (GrovePi)[SOLVED]

Hi,
Brand new to RPi and GrovePi. I’ve had similar problems to other folks with I2c sensors working, so I’ve attempted to upgrade firmware on the GrovePi (note, older GrovePi, not GrovePi+).
I bought the GrovePi without the SD card, and imaged it myself without any issues. However, when I when I attempt the firmware update instructions avrdude fails. Please see attached terminal session.
Is the older GrovePi compatible with the latest software, or do I need to reimage something older.
Cheers,
Nils

Hey Nils,
Can you post some pictures of your GrovePi setup with the Pi. There seems to be some problem with the I2C bus too so I suspect there migth be a connection issue to b/w the Pi and the GrovePi.

-Karan

Thanks Karan,
Here’s the photo’s. I ran the Test & Troubleshoot from the desktop as well.
Cheers,
Nils

The process to update the firmware on an older GrovePi is a bit different. Can you follow the instructions here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fe2uCjoLpAE6Vt2HS28n_dhSfbVXZ1p-PhG1aEvIQSM/edit?usp=sharing and try again. Do let us know if this works for you.

-Karan

Thanks Karan. Being a brand new user, I’ve got to run out to the shop to get some wires.
Is there a section or keyword that I can use to see the older GrovePi documentation?
Cheers,
Nils

Hey Nils,
Unfortunately, we lost the older documentation, but the google doc shows the only step that is different for the older GrovePi.

Do let us know if this helps.

-Karan

Thanks Karan
Gotten it to work.
Cheers,
Nils

Nice! Good to know, thanks Karan and thanks nils!