Very strange behavior for 4 digit display

Hi,

I have firmware 1.2.2 and have pulled and reinstalled the latest grovepi release but i found the 4 digit display to behave very strangely. It is easier if you see the “stock” script in action (i only changed display = 6) https://vid.me/DtM8

I tried manually outputting simple numbers, scores etc. but it works in a very “fuzzy” way… any clue?

Update: what it works to me is individual digit and segment, but the rest for example:
grovepi.fourDigit_score(display,12,59) = 12:
grovepi.fourDigit_score(display,1,5) = 01:
grovepi.fourDigit_score(display,1,5) = 01:0
grovepi.fourDigit_score(display,1,5) = off
grovepi.fourDigit_score(display,1,55) = 01:0
grovepi.fourDigit_score(display,12,59) = 12:0
grovepi.fourDigit_score(display,11,11) = 11:1

Hey Pippi,
Thanks for posting the video and explaining the code. We’re going to look into it, we haven’t seen this problem before. I don’t have one of these displays right now, but we’ll order one from Seeed and try to test it out, see what’s going on with the code. It may be a few weeks until we can get back to you.

Sorry for the wait.

-Karan

Hi Karan,

thanks for the follow up. I am actually using the display trough a simple function which splits any input number in 4 digits, as single digit works for me, so in case everyone else should be interested in this product, it is usable with some scripting.

Hey pippi,
Thanks for the update. We’ll still try our best to get it updated and bug free ASAP.

-Karan

Hey pippi,
Thanks for the update. We’ll still try our best to get it updated and bug free ASAP.

-Karan