Welcome to Dexter Industries Forum!

Thanks for joining Dexter Industries Forum, and welcome!

For a few quick tips on getting started as a new user, check out this blog post.

As you participate here, we’ll get to know you, and temporary new user limitations will be lifted. Over time you’ll gain trust levels that include special abilities to help us manage our community together.

We believe in civilized community behavior at all times.

Enjoy your stay!

(If you need to communicate with staff members as a new user, just reply to this message.)

Stay in touch with Dexter Industries! Signup for our newsletter here!

Hello and Thanks for some help!!

Just bought the GoPiGo2 and going to use a brand new Apple Laptop MacBookPro.

I am a 3rd grade coach, for STEM after school project.

MY QUESTION: Can I use the GoPiGo without being connected to the internet??? Laptop, wireless through Router(switch only)“NO MODEM” to the GOPIGO2 wireless. Can I download and use the VNC program “OFFLINE” to control robot?

My 3rd grade project is to build a robot, and I need it to be portable and leave the house i.e.- NO INTERNET

Kindly,
Dan Hall
805-908-2050cell
DanoHall12@roadrunner.com
55 years/Minimal Computer Knowledge

Hi @DanoHall12,

Yes, you can use the GoPiGo without it being connected to the internet. We have a software called Cinch which runs on the RaspberryPi and it creates a wifi network(No internet) which your Laptop can connect to. After connecting to it you can use your browser to access noVNC and program your robot offline.

So to get this software and install it you should follow our detailed tutorial here.

Please let us know if this helps and we would be happy to help you out.
-Shoban