WeMos d1 r2 and base shield v2

My current project requires WiFi for MQTT processing, so I have purchased a WeMos D1 R2 Board which has ESP8266 WiFi AND it is a selectable board inside the Arduino IDE.

My question is will the I2C Grove sensors work using the Base Shield V2?

Hi @pete.hollyer,

Yeah it has got to work with it - I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t. The Base Shield V2 uses the same Grove port as the GrovePi - technically, it’s the same thing.

You can see on the first diagram the pin mapping of an I2C port here:

You can see they are identical to the ones on a Base Shield V2 here:

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask us.

Thank you!

Well…that is what I figured…I’ll be testing it out tomorrow…I’ll let you know what I find out.

This “Grove” system is awesome…I have 1 Raspberry Pi 3 GrovePi, 2 for my PI Zero’s, and so far 1 on an Arduino. I am physically unable to handle jumper wires, soldier, or any “fine” motor work like that…but I CAN work with these Grove sensors and GrovePi’s and write code…This is an awesome way to be retired!

I’m putting the finishing touches on my Weather tracking system using a Pi Zero W, GrovePi Zero, Grove I2C-BME280 And Grove LED reporting data via MQTT running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (acting as my server) with NodeRed and a SQLite 3 database backend. And then using another Pi Zero W, tactile buttons and a 7" screen on the wall as my Control center…graphing the Temperature, Barometer, and humidity.

pete