What? It's been THREE YEARS already? Jeez!

Today the forum software notified me that I have been a participant in these forums, (ecccch! It’s “fora”!!!), for three years now, beginning on January the 4th, 2019 when I made my first post about the “new” GoPiGo robot I had just unpacked and built after dragging it here to Russia from the States.

My very first post:

And yes, I was up at 4:00 am and I registered on this forum just so that I could leave that post.  A LOT has happened since then.

And while we’re going down memory lane, I happened to bump into THIS tid-bit:

The original Kickstarter campaign for the original GoPiGo!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/john-cole/gopigo-the-delightful-raspberry-pi-robot

And yes, the GoPiGo IS the delightful Raspberry Pi Robot.

@cleoqc,
I bet this brings back memories!

@mitch.kremm,
Now you get to see what all the shoutin’s about. . . .
(Look at some of that ancient hardware!)

@ everybody. . .

Thanks for everything you’ve done and even more thanks for a truly “delightful Raspberry Pi Robot”!

P.S.
Nicole,
If you ever run into any of the old gang, tell 'em “Hi!” for me, and thank them for a job well done.

P.P.S.
Nicole,
You get a big BIG hug from me and a heartfelt thank you for all you’ve done to help me along.

2 Likes

And from this photo?

2 Likes

(Laughing!)

Yea, I saw those too.

I hope Mitch and some of the others at Modular Robotics see this and get a feel for the “…blood, toil, tears, and sweat!” it took to bring this to reality.

I was impressed outta my socks when I first saw it and put the beastie together.  Seeing all this has made the whole effort even more impressive.
:+1:

. . . and if I’m not mistaken, it looks like the acrylic chassis parts have survived the years virtually unchanged.

Oh, and did you see THIS little gem?

USB_Rocket_Launcher

A “USB Rocket Launcher” that was actually one of the prizes you could get at certain levels of endorsement.

Oh :poop:!

Charlie just saw that and now he wants one!

P.S.

I found it:

According to the comments, I understand why it’s no longer available for the GoPiGo. . . Apparently the support was “virtual” - virtually non-existent.

2 Likes

the creative solutions to the piwars foam dart launcher challenge for charlie?

2 Likes

Could happen - eventually!

I’ve got to get Charlie’s joystick coordination down pat before I arm him with weapons!

(Psst!  Don’t tell Putin about putting an “American missile launcher” right under his nose in Moscow!)

2 Likes

ixnay on discussing the ecretsay ansplay :wink:
/K

2 Likes