What type of Arduberry do I have?

Hi. I just ordered 3 Arduberry’s to interface my Raspberry PI with some very expensive Arduino shields, so I can use them and have output go to a monitor.

When I received it, it appears to include at ATMEGA 328 !!! I didn’t want an Arduino attached to a Raspberry PI. It also states it is version 7.0 and has a micro-usb connector. I got this from Amazon, so I doubt it is a clone, yet I can find nothing on your site about this board.

Needless to say, although it is nice to have an Arduino attached to a PI, it does add many complications. Are the Raspberry PI pins connected to the Arduino headers? Or just necessary programming pins? Do you have a schematic and docs on the version 7.0? Any chance of just getting an SIMPLE adapter board?

Sadly, I’ll probably never to able to reply to this post or any answers, because I had to use some god-forbid complicated password (more secure than my banks — all of them. I’m glad to see you are worried about protecting state secrets :slight_smile: )jj

Hi @blackt1ger,

The Arduberry is basically an Arduino-compatible board that stacks on top of a Raspberry Pi and can be programmed by it.
The Arduberry also shares a serial port with the Raspberry Pi, so there can be communication between them at runtime.

For more information on what the Arduberry can do, please visit the homepage of our product.

Any chance of just getting an SIMPLE adapter board?

What do you mean a simple adapter board?
What do you want to do in the first place?
What project are you working on and what’s the technology you’ve focused on?

Sadly, I’ll probably never to able to reply to this post or any answers, because I had to use some god-forbid complicated password (more secure than my banks — all of them. I’m glad to see you are worried about protecting state secrets :slight_smile: )

It sounds really definite from you.
It’s generally a good practice to use really cryptic passwords, even if the password is used for mundane websites/forums.
I personally use 1password for things like this. You might want to try it. It’s going to keep track of all your passwords in a very secure fashion.

If there’s anything else you still feel the need to be explained more, please don’t hesitate to ask us - that’s only if you still can access your account :sunglasses: :smiley:.

Thank you!

1 Like

Well, I tried “1password” but it wasn’t strong enough. Yes, Anyway, I have some ADC’s and CAN controllers. These are in the Arduino Shield Footprint. I was hoping to read/write the CAN controllers and ADC’s from my Raspberry PI, by attaching an Arduino adapter board. The data is real-time and I wanted to display it on the 7in Raspberry PI LCD display. I didn’t want to write a communication library from the Raspberry PI to the Arduino board to get the data. Of course, I could just run wires to/from the Raspberry PI to some level-shifters and then run wires from the level shifters to the shield. All very messy and would probably fall apart once I take it to the production floor. I can see getting a call around mid-night — “The red wire came out and nobody wants to take responsibility to plugging it back in — which hole should we use?” ps. I have tons of Arduino boards, and RedSticks from SparkFun, etc, etc.

I was hoping that by buying 3 “Arduberry” boards, I can avoid buying 3 x $35 CAN controllers and 3 x $65 ADC boards that fit the Raspberry PI footprint.

Essentially, even though it is true that you can “attach Arduino shields to the Raspberry PI”, that really isn’t the whole truth of the matter.

Specifically, your product states the ability to “use Arduino shields”. Which is want I want from my Raspberry PI.

“Arduberry allows you to access lower level functions on Arduino shields for more precise control” — no mention of having to go through an ATMEGA.

" Connects Arduino Shields to the Raspberry Pi
• Power through USB or the Raspberry Pi
• Fully Assembled
• No physical configuration or soldering to work with most shields. Ships ready to work.
• Credit card size, stacks on top of Raspberry Pi

Again, no mention of the ATMEGA.

So, probably it is my fault for not doing enough research, but where, did it mention an ATMEGA was included???

Anyway, now I absolutely need the Schematics, so I can figure out how to bypass the ATMEGA…

Schematics for the Arduberry should be here. I hope this helps!

Thanks johnC… First, a bit of back-tracking. I’m sorry if I sounded a bit too harsh.

I’m sure the Arduberry is a great board and will spend some time with it once I download the Raspbian image from Dexter.

Ultimately, I’m going to rethink what I’m doing. Although capturing ADC samples at the rate I want is still beyond me with the ATMEGA, I can certainly make it all work. In some ways, this is good. First independently develop the Arduino code with a Serial cmd-line interface and pump data packets out. I should be able to fully test this on a PC. Then, write a GUI client that connects to the Serial cmd-line. This also can be developed independently. And then, finally, connect the two together.

Now, does anybody have an good Arduberry Encloures for 3D printer???

–Ken