Where do you setup vncserver?

Hi,
I have both a BrickPi and GoPiGo and they are both using they same raspberrypi:1 servername for VNC, I was hoping to change the port on one of them but can’t figure out where you start the vncserver. If you know of another way to do this, let me know. I’m pretty new to all of this.

Thanks,
Shari

Hi Shari,
Use sudo tightvncserver :2 on the command line to start another instance of VNC Server.

-Karan

Hi,
I’d like to do this at boot time. I tried creating a script and putting it in /etc/init.d but that seemed to mess things up, now after reboot I don’t get my :1 port anymore either. Where did you guys set this up initially?

Thanks,
Shari

Shari, sounds like all you really need to do is change the network name of one of your devices. You can just type, in the command line

sudo nano /etc/hostname

and you should see “raspberrypi”. Change that to maybe “raspberrypi2” or whatever you like. And you should be good to go. Let us know if this solves your problem.

In VNC this error is given. See att

Hey JosDutch, we’re a little confused by the attachment. Do you have a question? We’re you asking the same question as the original poster? Your txt attacment looks more like a howto, is there a question in there?

So confused . . .