Why do I enjoy messing with my robot(s) instead of [activity]?

One of my granddaughters asked me why I was so fascinated with my robot(s) instead of [activity “x”]

My answer was something like this:
I like messing with the robot(s) because they are always interesting - there’s always something new to learn and do.

Currently I am working on some kind of status display for the robots.  Recently I was working on supplemental power supplies and how to make them automatically turn on and off.  And I can’t even remember what I did before that, but I’m sure it was interesting.

In essence, it never grows old.

A different “toy”, or a video game, has a limited lifespan - you play with it once or twice and it’s boring.  You’ve exhausted all the relevant possibilities short of hacking into the embedded firmware. . . :man_facepalming:

I know that I’ve only scratched the surface of the GoPiGo-3’s capabilities, and I learn new things every time I turn it on.  This session’s lessons are all about the way the SPI protocol arbitrates itself, (it doesn’t), and how to fix it with mutexes.

There’s also the lesson on how to configure multiple displays such that they’re individually addressable and can show independent messages. (:crossed_fingers:)

Bottom line:
I will be old and grey before I exhaust all the GoPiGo’s possibilities.  What’s that you say?  I’m already old and grey?  Like I said, I’m old and grey and I’m still learning! :rofl:

2 Likes