You know the Raspberry Pi has arrived when you see. .

You know that the Raspberry Pi has OFFICIALLY arrived when you see. . .

A case that makes it look like a total bad-ass!

1 Like

Not a bad price, especially since it seems to add not only cooling but also an extra USB-C port and a power button. I wonder if the power button does a smart shutdown rather than just turning off the power.
/K

1 Like

Since it appears that you download a few scripts to enable all the functionality, it may well do a smart shut-down.

1 Like

Actually, AFAIK, it doesn’t add an extra USB-C port, it just replaces the existing port with one that’s fully compliant.

There’s another version, slightly larger, that has a M.2 SSD interface and a cute USB-3 jumper to attach it to the Pi.

https://www.argon40.com/argon-one-m-2-case-for-raspberry-pi-4.html

Could be interesting, especially if you want to do static development with things like the LIDAR.

1 Like

Looks interesting. Any idea what the thing with two USB plugs is? I couldn’t tell from the description.
/K

1 Like

Looking at the back, you will notice an “extra” USB-3 port below the two on the Pi. That one is for the board with the M.2 SSD.

The small USB “jumper” is to connect the M.2 board to the bottom USB-3 port on the Pi to make the SSD available for booting.

I see it now - it’s a bridge. Got it. When I first looked at it I thought it was connecting the top 2 USB ports (not sure why in retrospect - the spacing is off). I couldn’t figure why you’d need to be plugged into two ports unless you had significant power requirements.
/K

1 Like