My current Project a Linefollower with a Webcam

So for my first project I am going to create a linefollower that uses a webcam and opencv. My goal is to create a perfect linefollower. I am using a modified version of the simplebot. The code will be published on github when is somewhat kinda ready, meaning alpha stage!

This would not be possible without BrickPi! Literally

I’m crazy, not even a year in programming and I’m using opencv?

@graykevinb: that sounds a great project. A similar project has been on our wishlist for some time now. Do keep us updated about the progress. There are a lot of resources available around OpenCV so it should be doable.

Hey @graykevinb, I bet @cleoqc might have some pointers and @Shoban too as they’ve both worked a bit with OpenCV! It’s easily used in Python, so that should make it very doable!

Thanks, My current plan after I learn a litle opencv is to use object tracking to follow the line.

I was looking for this thread and maybe able to help.

I have been doing the same thing. I found that the computer vision was the easy part, what to do with the data that comes out of the computer vision seems to be the harder part. My experience with tuning PID controllers is very limited especially since you need to sync both motors to work together and at same speed regardless of the battery level.

Thanks, my apologies I have put this project off for much later due to I am currently focusing on another project to meet a deadline. In the future I will most likely pick this project up again. I haven’t gotten around to learning open CV yet so yah. However I’d you need help with anything I’ll be happy to offer suggestions and advice.

1 Like

Hello! I tried to make something like this, but now i don’t know what to do. Could you send me your code, please

I noticed Pixy2 which is a super cool AI tool with a camera packed into a very small package. Maybe it would be a good fit for the BrickPi and thus your application, who knows.

From my perspective, it’s a sweet alternative to the Raspberry Pi’s Pi Camera which is a tad more complex as it requires you to process the input with something like OpenCV, whereas on Pixy2, it’s abstracted.

Thank you!

1 Like

Truly!! thanks for posting hoping it can be connected to gopigo or rp3 and use gopigo lib.

/Chetuk