BrickPi 3 not working wyliodrin studio

Hi,

I have a BrickPi 3 with a Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ - I’m trying to get it running with wyliodrin studio.

No matter what I do I get the below error. Please help.

Br Torben

It looks like you’re trying to use BrickPi+ drivers with the BrickPi3.

Thak you for your reply, Matt.

Yes it sounds like something like that. But I followed the link from the wyliodrin studio and downloaded the image: “wyliodrinStudioRPi3b+20Nov2018.img”

After that I followed the guide her:
https://projects.wyliodrin.com/wiki/boards_setup/raspberrypi

Do you know what I’m doing wrong? Is the image not the right one?

Br Torben

We don’t support wyliodrin studio. How did you install the BrickPi? On Raspbian you can install the BrickPi3 drivers using the command curl -kL dexterindustries.com/update_brickpi3 | bash

I haven’t installed anything besides the image I referred to in my previous reply.

I’m getting an error when I try to install the drivers :frowning:Capture

You are using the -l option instead of -L - notice the capital letter. It should have been -kL and not -kl.

Thank you!

Ohh my bad :frowning:
I tried again and I managed to install the drivers, but still getting the same error.

I give up.

Thanx for your help.

Br Torben

Hi @torben,

Well, we don’t know what Wyliodrin studio implements in their OS, so can you give this a try on a pure Raspbian or Raspbian For Robots?

Thank you!

Hi @RobertLucian and thank you for your reply.

I will try that at a later point. But I contacted Wyliodrin and they wrote this:
"Hello, on the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ the standard serial port is dev/ttys0 instead of dev/ttyAMA0. Please ask Dexter Industries on advice for this. "

Generally the documentation (Wyliodrin) around this is very poor

Does that make sense to you guys?

Br
Torben

If you’re still getting the same error, you’re still trying to use BrickPi+ drivers with the BrickPi3. Serial port dev/ttys0 vs. dev/ttyAMA0 is irrelevant, since the BrickPi3 doesn’t use a UART serial port.

Thanx Matt,

I give up due to lack of support from Wyliodrin.

Once again thak you for your time.

Br
Torben