We have been testing the BrickPi for a week and encountered some issues.
1. We downloaded 2 different Raspbian for Robots images => the images did not work on battery power, and on wall power the pi immediately goes
into a kernel panic
We had to use the GoPiGo install scripts to setup the brickpi on our Debian 8.4 Jessie image => The script did not add “init_uart_clock=32000000” to /boot/config.txt, which is a needed entry. So we had to manually add the one line.
2. We downloaded the brickpi python module and examples.
a. The LEGO-* examples work fine
b. When we tried the EV3-* examples the sensor readings are very odd. We have not been able to solve all these issues yet.
- The color sensor in mode 2 gave values above 7 half the time
- The touch sensor example code sometimes returns pressed even though it is released
- The Infrared and Gyro example code often returns 1023 continuously from 1 second to over 5 minutes at a time
Here is a link to our image with our fixes if you are interested:
Please let us know if we are doing something wrong.