CAD files for new BrickPi case

Are the CAD files for the new BrickPi case available any where? I was going to design a robot platform that attaches to the new BrickPi case. Instead of using lego pieces, I was going to 3D print it. The lego pieces flex a little too much for my taste. I have digital calipers, so I can always model it from scratch, but thought I’d ask just in case.

thanks

peter

1 Like

Hey Peter, they are not publicly available, no.

I just posted a blog about my progress so far with designing a chasis for robots using the new BrickPi Case

Follow up blog post on the BrickPi v2 case chassis I’m making.

I just uploaded the sketchup and STL files for the chassis and camera mount I made for the BrickPi case.

hope others find it useful. I have a SeeMeCnc Rostock Max v2, so it was tested on that using 1.75mm PLA and ABS filament. I don’t own any other 3D printers, so I don’t know how it works on other brands.

peter

Very cool, thank you for reporting back and sharing your work, that’s awesome!!

It was pretty easy and fun. My hope is more kids and teachers get into raspberry pi robots, 3D printing and machine learning :slight_smile:

I wish this stuff was available when I was in high school.

I made some minor improvements and wrote a blog about it.

More improvements and tweaks to the robot chassis. The sketchup and STL files are all up on github.

Hi Peter,
i know that’s an old thread but do you also have a similar case to the original one which is maybe just a bit smaller? I feel like that the original case has to much free space and the holes/dots for connecting lego bricks are not in a perfect order to build lego around.
Thanks
Stephan

This is an absolutely ancient thread.

Because of that you should assume that the possibility of him replying here is minimal.

What you should do in the future when replying to ancient threads is to create a new thread referencing this one to ask your question. You can “@” include previous posters if you wish.

You might get a faster response if you post/comment/enter an “issue” on his GitHub repo.

1 Like