This topic merges several others:
- What batteries should I be using for the GoPiGo?
- My GoPiGo is doing [something unexpected]. What's Wrong?
There has been a discussion of batteries, 'bots and 'behaviors.
- I installed a complete set of Varta (supposedly German design that are supposedly 2700mAh), fully charged.
- I checked the voltage and it reads:
a. Directly after charge - about 11.6 (or so).
b. After all this testing - about 10.6 (or so).
- Current draw
a. While booting up = average about 250 mA peeking at about 500mA during WiFi powerup.
b. Static - sitting there doing nothing = 250 to 300ma.
c. While operating = unknown. I do not have the tools to measure this.
Voltages are all approximate as my meter was on a 10A range.
I could reproduce the problem by holding the 'bot in my hand and applying moderate friction to any one of the two wheels. Here I am talking about a light squeeze to the tire.
I created a program, (attached) that has an infinite loop that drives the 'bot in a square and then moves the servo back and forth as if it’s looking around. This version has a counter that counts the number of times through the loop.
- Copy of blox program for driving the 'bot in a loop.
- Video: about two minutes of the 'bot driving in a “square”
- Video taken about 30 seconds after the first video ended, showing the 'bot in its “stalled” condition.
- Zip file of logs taken this session.
In the stalled condition there are no lights indicating that anything has gone wrong.
Please examine and advise.
The video files are large. I have uploaded the program file, both video files and the associated zip file of the logs to my MediaFire account which allows general access to this.