Hey! Did you know that AI research is easy? Apparently it is. .

Ref:

This post was inspired by some folks over on the MSFS forums complaining how MSFS 2020 hasn’t successfully implemented fully aware and believable AI general aviation aircraft, ATC, and other glaring failures. . . .

After watching folks like @cyclicalobsessive and @KeithW fighting with the simplest of these seemingly “easy” AI and mapping tasks, I’m afraid I lost my temper a little bit - and though I might end up getting banned over there, I really had enough of their whining and I let them have a couple of kopeks of my thinking:

The whole article is here:

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: !!!

What say ye?

2 Likes

I thought I was the only general aviation simmer hoping for GA traffic. I used to think this was due to the majority interest in heavy metal simming, but after seeing that my “super computer” just barely has enough oomph to simulate my airplane, I realized even if my $60 software could simulate more planes around me, and realistic to the traffic air traffic control, I would have to spend thousands of dollars to use the features.

I loved your challenge. Somehow I doubt we’ll see new converts here though.

2 Likes

An update:

It’s all fun and games until you actually have to implement the beastie!

2 Likes

Yeah, even “simple” AI isn’t all that simple under the covers. Like any other technology it will get better over time.
/K

2 Likes

It wasn’t a challenge per se, rather a “put up or shut up!”  If yer’ gonna bitch, do something constructive to justify the angst instead of wasting good oxygen.

2 Likes