Newbie, please help!

Can I power a brickpi from a micro USB cable on the ras. pi? Because when I do, the SD card refuses to boot, and all I have is a string of code about not finding a filesystem.

Second, can I connect to a monitor through HDMI, or do I NEED to do it through ethernet?

Wait, never mind. Ignore my first too questions. Here’s my real question: why isn’t my ras. pi powering up, even after following all the instructions?

Well have you tried putting on NOOBS just to see if the Raspberry Pi is working?

(NOOBS is the simple Raspberry Pi Distro Installer. I Recomend using Raspbian. The Dexter Ind. Build is a modified Raspbian)

jgfceit, we’re going to need a little more information about what’s going on. Maybe you can tell us:

• How are you powering the Pi?
  • What version image are you using?

Have you taken a look at our getting started page? Which step did you have trouble with? http://www.dexterindustries.com/BrickPi/getting-started/

Yes, NOOBS is working perfectly. I’m not sure what version image, and the Ras. Pi and BrickPi is being powered by a micro USB.

jgfceit, can you give us a little more info about how you have the BrickPi and the Raspi setup?

You wrote “Here’s my real question: why isn’t my ras. pi powering up, even after following all the instructions”

Do you have it setup as a desktop device?
What instructions did you follow, and what steps did you take?
How are you powering the device?
Does NOOBS power up when you put the BrickPi on the Raspberry Pi?