Request for notifications here in this forum about changes to C++ API a.s.o

hi,
I would highly appreciate if you wrote pinned notifications here in .this forum about changes to C++ API a.s.o. (e.g., additional features, bug fixes, updates to be installed, and all that).
I incidentally read sth about github commits but don’t understand if important or not for end users and if updates are required or recommended or not.
Kind regards!

Hi @HaWe,

Generally, we create pinned posts whenever something important is added/fixed/whatever.

We don’t create them when the changes are too small to be taken into consideration. There’s also the incentive to not clutter the forum with 24h announcements.

Can you show us to what C++ API changes you were referring to?

I incidentally read sth about github commits but don’t understand if important or not for end users and if updates are required or recommended or not.

We could tell you if it’s important or not (and explain you the process) should you tell us more about this.

Thank you!

well, actually you didn’t notify here in this forum about e.g., finally supporting also Stretch, which had been requested by me several times over several months, because Jessie was depricated by Raspbian.org.
I also NEVER saw ANY (pinned) notifcations about changes to the C++ API or install scripts etc here in this forum.

As to my remarks about github, that was referred to mattallen3’s and your own pull requests, commits, and merges e.g.,

and a couple more

And BTW, eventually C++ is not even listed beyond your provided programming languages.

But of course I’m gladly looking forward to it for the future!

so which is your statement about hte mentioned github things?
and why is e.g. Java listed among your provided PLs/APIs, and not C++?

Hi @HaWe,

The first PR is not even merged yet and the the other 2 PRs can be only considered as maintenance updates.

When there’s something important, we let everyone know through a pinned post, but for small things we won’t make pinned posts because we’d clutter the forum with too much noise.

I’m quite surprised you didn’t see the pinned post for the Stretch release. We had it posted sometime during this May:

And here’s the pinned post on the beta version of the GrovePi - we considered this to be important and hence we put it up to be tested by everyone who wants to give it a spin:

Anyhow, if you really wish to be notified of any small modification to our source code, I suggest you subscribe to the repository of your liking. Go to the repository you want to follow and click on Watch - after that you’ll get an email every time someone does any modification to it.

watch

Thank you

Re:

“I’m quite surprised you didn’t see the pinned post for the Stretch release. We had it posted sometime during this May:”

you didn’t post this notification from May here in this forum !

My request is about posting it here, because no one is supposed to look anywhere else, I never look in “Raspbian for Robots” because I don’t ever use “Raspbian for Robots”. I am always using just the native raspberrypi.org Raspbian distri downloads.

HERE is the forum’s place to publish announcements about the BrickPi driver and C++!
https://forum.dexterindustries.com/c/brickpi
right below the sections

Topic

Users

Troubleshooting the BrickPi

We have collected some of the most common questions in the links below. 2016.12.14 - We have updated the BrickPi Python Libraries to eliminate communication errors; if you haven’t yet, please run an update on your libr… read more BrickPi \ 25x25 \ 25x25 2 904 Jul 26
About the BrickPi Category

All things related to the BrickPi. BrickPi3 [image] BrickPi+ [image] BrickPi [image] We have collected some of the most common questions in the links below. Helpful links for the BrickPi3: Getting Started wi… read more

It should be pinned at the top of the common user posts!

Additionally, I am already subscribed to the github repo, but you don’t ever write if now an update is required by either user or not!

BTW,
this forum’s editor is ANNOYING !!
Far too small edit field, absolutely confusing, overlapping maneuvering and operating links/buttons!