ROS possibilities? SparkFun GNSS-RTK Dead Reckoning Breakout - only $300!

Viz.:

Those of you doing, or wanting, high-precision location and positioning accessory, this might be just your thing.

From the article itself:

It’s a bit more than I want to mess with right now. . . .  :wink:

1 Like

Ah yes, requiring accuracy under challenging conditions like reality. Autonomous indeed - needs “popular, but dense” connections or it can’t decide for itself where to go or what to do.

1 Like

How did you get that from the original article?

1 Like

So it can be autonomous through a short tunnel and parking garages using DEAD RECKONING. Sounds more like it enables a “guaranteed not accurate autonomous wrecking machine” more than "autonomous "driving.

Autonomous vehicles are a seriously bad idea, period. Not taxis, not airplanes, not drones, perhaps not even trains are safe among randomly acting, non-attention paying, “sometimes impaired”, humans. Then there are the idiots that love to taunt robots - can you imagine what they will do if they see an autonomous vehicle along a dark stretch of the interstate at 3am?

2 Likes

I corrected the emphasis into what I believe you meant - I “reckon” you will end up DEAD eventually. . . .

Like playing chicken with trains, this is Social Darwinism at its finest!

2 Likes

Yes, but the bad guys always win. The good guys only win in the movies, and sometimes not even there.

2 Likes