Hey guys, in order to try to follow the problem I went ahead and setup a new configuration. I burned a new image, connected over WiFi, and ran WiFi Car, controlling it from the laptop. I was using 6XAA’s, that were about half full. Reading the voltage on the battery pack, I see 7.25 volts on my voltmeter while the BrickPi and the RPi are running.
I went ahead and ran it full blast forward, and full blast backward (I changed the values to 255 and -255 from 200 and -200 respectively). I had no resets on doing that.
I’m stumped about what could be causing the problem on your end. I have to think about this and see if there are any more questions I could be asking.