[SOLVED] NodeJS application failing with undefined firmware version message

Hi all,

I followed all the steps in installing the dependencies, updating the firmware - up to the point where in tried running a simple example by instantiating the nodejs library, but I got the below error:

any ideas?

NOTE: i have raspbian for robots running

pi@dex:~/roborover/mars $ ls
index.js  node_modules  package.json  package-lock.json
pi@dex:~/roborover/mars $ node index.js
Dexter Industries GoPiGo3 1.0.0
Error: GoPiGo3 firmware needs to be version **undefined** but is currently version 1.0.0
    at new FirmwareVersionError (/home/pi/roborover/mars/node_modules/node-gopigo3/lib/errors/firmwareVersionError.js:24:125)
    at EasyGoPiGo3.Gopigo3 (/home/pi/roborover/mars/node_modules/node-gopigo3/lib/gopigo3.js:92:23)
    at new EasyGoPiGo3 (/home/pi/roborover/mars/node_modules/node-gopigo3/lib/easyGopigo3.js:48:120)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/home/pi/roborover/mars/index.js:4:13)
    at Module._compile (module.js:624:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:635:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:545:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:508:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:500:3)
    at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:665:10)
/home/pi/roborover/mars/node_modules/node-gopigo3/lib/easyGopigo3.js:55
            throw new Error(err);

Hi @sasa.savic,

I think you need to update the GoPiGo3’s firmware. You should go to /home/pi/Dexter/GoPiGo3/Firmware and run bash gopigo3_flash_firmware.sh.

Once you do that, run the NodeJS app again and see if it works. I think that’s the issue with it.

Thank you!

Hello @sasa.savic

Apologies for the delay in answering.
NodeJS needs a previous version of the firmware to run. The good news is that it’s basically the same firmware, you’re not losing anything by going back in version numbers.

So before you follow Robert’s advice, bring the previous firmware version back in.

cd /home/pi/Dexter/GoPiGo3/Firmware
cp archives/GoPiGo3_Firmware_0.3.4.bin   .

rm GoPiGo3_Firmware_1.0.0.bin

before following Robert’s explanations.

Or you can wait a day until we handle internal testing, but we’ll update the version number in NodeJS.

1 Like

Awesome thank you! Works

To properly close this, the internal change has been made so no one else needs to do that step here.

Thanks for reporting it and thus making our product better!
Cleo

This topic was automatically closed after 40 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.