Starting BrickPi With Scratch

Hello, guys!
My BrickPi, as it seems to me, is sleeping or dead. Vendor dont put any lights on BrickPi (even a small diode)…
So I have some questions.
1.How do I know about current state and conditions of my BPi?
2.Is there any detailed instructions about connection and checking of BPi with color picktures (maybe BPi for DUMMIES)?
3.What is the maximum current (amperage) for M1-M4-plugs?
My RaspPi 2011.12 (ordinary), RaspBian Sep2014.
PS: I tried to run only Scrath with different sensors and motors.
Thanx for your help and sorry for my English )))

(Moved this to a new thread. seems to be a new thing)

1.How do I know about current state and conditions of my BPi?

We recommend running one of the basic python programs to check that it’s working. You should try using the touch sensor, or the motor program, in python, and make sure it responses. You can also try the LED program in python, but this is not a total indication the BrickPi works.

2.Is there any detailed instructions about connection and checking of BPi with color picktures (maybe BPi for DUMMIES)?

Yes! We have a getting started guide here: http://www.dexterindustries.com/BrickPi/getting-started/

3.What is the maximum current (amperage) for M1-M4-plugs?

Each can handle about maximum of 1 Amp. But These are designed only for use with the NXT motors; you should be careful when adding your own custom parts to this.

A few questions will help troubleshoot your issues:

• Are you able to connect to your Pi? How are you doing this? Did you follow our directions on getting started? Where did you have problems?

• Have you run a python program, either motors or touch sensor, to test whether it’s alive and awake?

• How are you powering the Pi or BrickPi?