Want to Purchase Nut Drivers

I want to purchase nut drivers to help my students assemble the GoPiGo robot. Can you tell me what size the hex nuts are and if they’re metric or standard?

1 Like

GoPiGo3 user here, not DI:

The nuts are 5/16 inch, the standoffs are 3/16 inch, BUT nut drivers may pose a danger to the GoPiGo3 acrylic chassis in the hands of over-aggressive tighteners.

I would expect you need to have spare chassis parts available. DI used to offer just the acrylic chassis parts in a variety of colors, but the website now seems to only offer the “GoPiGo3 Clear Parts Kit” which has the two chassis parts but also a complete hardware set.

Suggest that you pop a note to support@modrobotics.com to ask what they can offer.

3 Likes

Just in case anyone else pops in. . . .

1. Fiber spacers between metal fasteners and acrylic parts is a good idea.  Spacers between metal parts and circuit boards is an excellent idea too.

2. The acrylic, (Lexan?), can be brittle and difficult to repair without a good high-strength epoxy. (Forget the “five-minute” stuff, it doesn’t cut it.)

3. As I mentioned in an earlier posting, a set of spare hardware and plastic parts is invaluable, especially in a classroom environment.

2 Likes