What happens when you. . .

Greetings!

New topic dedicated to the weird things that happen when you use robots in unusual ways that the manufacturer never even thought of in their nightmares!

Here’s mine. (Make that read, “My first. . .”)

What happens when you. . . .

Open a Raspbian for Robots desktop using RealVNC player and then open a VNC window via the desktop’s web browser?

You get a GoPiGo infinity light!

A web browser on the desktop showing a view of a web browser on the desktop showing a view of a web browser on the desktop showing a view of a web browser on the desktop. . . . .

It multiplies faster than pop-ups on a non-family friendly web-site!

I suspect that if you don’t kill it right away, (by closing the outer web server instance), you will rapidly reach resource exhaustion.

1 Like

So the player was also on the desktop?
/K

1 Like

No.

The player is on my PC.

You could do the same thing by using the web interface on your PC’s desktop to get the Pi’s desktop, and then open the Pi’s browser to it’s own desktop.

Blammo! An instant Raspbian for Robots infinity lamp!  :rofl:

1 Like

Ah - got it now - you were opening the two different desktops (PC and robot) on each, with each showing the other’s desktop. I wasn’t picturing at first what you had done. Yeah, seems like it would crash from resource use.
/K

1 Like

No.

Open up a raspberry pi desktop on something that’s not on the pi. (Like a browser on your laptop or RealVNC viewer.)

Then use the browser within the pi itself to open a desktop window to its own IP address.

Example:
I use RealVPN to open a remote desktop on my laptop. It points to 172.31.100.20, the IP address of the 'bot.

Then, on the 'bot’s own desktop open Chromium, and go to 172.31.100.20 (the same IP address as itself.)

From the launcher window select “VNC” so you get another view of the desktop from within the desktop’s own browser.

1 Like

Ok - now I really do get it. Thanks. And it is interesting.
/K

1 Like