Wifi Not Working

So is there an encapsulated version of how to perfrom the WIFI Config with the BrickPi? It seems that if the Raspberry PI can find a WIFI Dongle of it’s own accord, the BrickPi should not impede that?

Anyway I am not able to connect to the internet with either WIFI or Ethernet. I have done my best to follow the instructions in your getting started guide and have still not been able to make things work.

I am not using VNC I am using my Pi as a desktop.

Help.

dave

Hey Loonhaunt, sorry about the problems getting setup. Are you able to run ifconfig on the command line and post a screenshot?

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I got a bit frustrated so I shelved the Brickpi to work on things that need less tinker time to restore basic function. I was not aware that there was so much Beta required to basic setup. If my BrickPi was not a gift I would not likely have purchased it myself, as I don’t think that it is ready for basic operations, this is pretty obvious from judging other forum post regarding similar topics.

I will try to run ifconfig again, I believe I tried and could not get a response . I recently received a pre configged SD card in the post so I will start the process over again with that.

Loonhaunt, sorry to hear you’re frustrated. Is this your first time working with Raspberry Pi? If you have any specific suggestions on how to improve the BrickPi, we’d love to hear them.

It would be helpful if you could post some sort of screenshot of ifconfig and help us help you by providing as much info as possible.