Problems connecting

Ok, I think I know what’s going on. In the “Scratch for Robots” dialog, you are clicking “Demo Hardware”. That’s what’s leading to the incorrect file name. This will require a software fix, but it should not slow you down. Here’s what you do instead:

1). select the BrickPi n the drop down.
2). Select "Open Examples"
3). That takes you to a directory of example programs, including the “Motor test.sb” that should show you an example of programming the BrickPi in scratch.

Thanks for your patience in sorting this out. Sorry about this bug, we’ll get it fixed.

I cannot see welyour PrtSc.
When i do the motortest, I get the message (see PrtSc1). The motor runs with the cursur en the spacebalk.
Ewen I do the sensortest I get te same message. The program does noting.
When I do the hardware test, nothing happens; see PrtSc2.
Whan now?
Regards Kees Kemps

Yes, the hardware test has a bug in it. Let’s ignore it for now, there was a bug in the software. The bug has been updated, and will be available when you run an update. YOu don’t need to do this right now though.

You wrote “When i do the motortest, I get the message (see PrtSc1). The motor runs with the cursur en the spacebalk.” That’s fine. Just click ok the dialog box. It should work normally.

And the sensortest? it does nothing.

Keeskemps, what “sensortest” are you referring to?

scratch/excamples touch sensortest.sb

see PrtSC

Keeskemps,

Did you try pressing the spacebar? In this example, you would click “Ok” on the dialog box, then you would press the space bar, the up arrow, the left arrow or the right arrow.

Is the motor connected to the MA port? A motor should be attached to the MA port.

Is there a battery pack in the BrickPi? The battery pack should be attached.

Hello John,
There is No connection with THE sensors.
I have doen THE motor and THE battypack.
What to do?
See also THE message in THE attachment.
R. Kees Kemps

When I do THE Colorado sensor test, nothing happened.
When I put THE colorsensor in S1, the light in the sensor give light for 1 second, and than everything is dead.
I think I have hardwareproblem. Because we renew THE software.
Hoe we solve thuis problemen after 3 weeks trying?
R Kees Kemps.

hello john,
what means: acces cintrol disabled,clients cannot connect from any host. (see attetsment).
regards Kees Kemps

Hey @keeskemps, just wanted to check in on you were with this. The message you’re describing is a high level linux response you get when you open terminal. It should not affect the BrickPi or the Raspberry Pi.

Hi John,
My problem is that I cannot connect with the sensors of LEGO. How can I
check that connection?
Gr. Kees Kemps.

Hi Keeskemps, if we go back to the command line, and you run the following in the command line with a motor attached and the battery pack attached:

sudo python ~/Desktop/BrickPi_Python/BrickPi_Python/Sensor_Examples/LEGO-Motor_Test.py

Do you get a response?